Melbourne has been my home for over 10 years. I started Melbourne Girl in 2009, after falling in love with the city; my new home and all the dreams and inspiration it shares with it’s residents and visitors day after day. This leads me to this post, 42 Things I Love about Melbourne.
The city has continuously been voted the world’s most liveable city and for good reason – it is a freaking amazing place to live, work, play and raise a family!
42 Things I Love about Melbourne
1. The shopping.
5. The culture.
7. The laneways.
8. The footy. Yep, I love sport.
9. The festivals.
10. The night vibe, the beautiful big city lights.
12. The dumplings.
13. Queen Vic Markets.
14. The pop-ups.
15. The Australian Open.
16. It’s seriously cool cafe lifestyle.
17. The ice cream.
18. Access to world-class medical facilities.
19. Skiing in the Bay.
20. Dining out.
21. Crown Melbourne – the ultimate weekend away in the city.
22. The nail salons. I’m a mani and pedi girl.
24. High Tea options.
25. Moonlight Cinema.
26. The musicals.
27. Collins Street.
28. The free street mags.
29. The street art.
30. The access to fresh produce.
31. Our amazing State Library.
32. Our FREE tram zone.
33. Eureka 89 – dining in style.
34. The curry laksas (of the chicken variety).
35. Summer and daylight savings.
36. The water.
37. Beach life.
38. The city grid (which makes the CBD so easy to navigate).
39. Food trucks.
40. The city is alive 24 hours a day.
41. There’s a Maccas on every corner (guilty pleasure).
42. Feels like home – doesn’t matter where I go, it’s so great to come back!
What do you think?
Did I miss anything?