Get set for two weeks of magical fun these School Holidays at Eastland. The centre has captured the hearts of kids with their School of Wizardry, transforming centre mall into a wonderland of free magic shows, potion brewing, wand making and cooking wizardry.
Children’s excitement levels will be hovering in midair (insert wand-wave and the levitation spell ‘Wingardium Leviosa’) whilst they enjoy the live Magic Show about a boy who discovers he has lost his wizarding license. Marvel and laugh along as he practises getting back his magical powers with card tricks, hilarious wacky wands, not so yummy potions, and some help from the audience along the way.
I headed along to Eastland this morning with my little man, Jack. We were treated to a very fun magic workshop – making Beetle Bogie Slime (eeewwww), Magic Rainbow Fireworks and Witches Snow. Jack loved every moment of the class, but his favourite part of the School of Wizardry was the the Magic Show. In front of a very excited audience, two entertaining wizards had everyone laughing and cheering, and Jack was very lucky to be selected to come on stage to help perform the levitation spell to the sauce bottle (squuuuiirrttt, look out Jack hahaha).
The Magic Shows are are suitable for children aged 4-14, with no booking is required. Be sure to encourage your kids to wear their finest wizard-style attire to the show, for the chance to win a $30 Eastland Toyworld voucher. Each show is free and runs for around 30 minutes.
We are also excited to be heading back into Eastland later this week for the Grill’d Be A Wizard In The Kitchen burger masterclass. If you are interested in the $10 class (bookings are essential) call the Grill’d team on 9088 1842, to secure your place.
Other School Holiday fun at Eastland:
• MAGICAL STORY TIME with Robinsons Bookshop – Get set for a magical adventure with kids story telling and crafts.
• MAGICAL TRUFFLES with Sisko Chocolate – Create your own delicious chocolate truffles with a magical colour reveal inside.
• MAGIC COOKIE WORKSHOP with Muffin Break – Enjoy a 30 minute cookie decorating workshop.
Despite all magic workshops now being sold out, your kids can join in on a free magic show or enjoy one of the many retailer workshops on offer.
Popping up at Eastland until 7 October, 2018.
With free interactive performances, school holidays workshops and more!
• The Boom Family by internationally acclaimed arts provocateurs Snuff Puppets.
• Cyclo Illuminato by masters of interactive performance, Thomas and Wells.
• The Giant Puppets of Maroondah created by Snuff Puppets and Swinburne University VCAL students.
• Dynamic acts by multicultural playgroups and Melba College, created with legendary youth arts company, Westside Circus.
• Fun school holiday circus workshops with Westside Circus and a pop up circus space in Realm!
See the full schedule of activities and book circus workshops here. Find it in ArtSpace at Realm and Ringwood Town Square.
If it’s your first time visiting Eastland, you can have confidence knowing that the centre has heaps of under cover parking (parking is free for up to 3 hours), as well as being accessible by train – just jump onto the Belgrave/Lilydale line and exit at Ringwood Station.
Insider Tip: I always park near the Coles entrance (Entry 8). It’s my go-to for fast entry and exit.
There’s also a Valet Parking service located in the South carpark (Entry 5 or Entry 6) off Warrandyte Road. If you have a baby, their recently upgraded Parents rooms are wonderful for feeding and changing facilities.
You can discover all the magical activities happening at Eastland these school holidays here.
Be sure to shout out in the comments below what your favourite school holiday workshops were!