London is my second favourite city in the world. It kind of reminds me of Melbourne in many ways, except for the extra thousand or so years of history it has on us of course!
It’s this history which has me fallen head over heels. That and the fact that it’s really easy to navigate around, the locals are lovely and it’s not in your face hard touristy like other countries in Europe (those of you who have been to Paris or Rome will know what I mean).
London has so many places, spaces and hidden secrets just waiting to be discovered, but I wanted to share with you all 15 ways to experience the city, in only 4 days!
15 things to do in London in 4 days
1. Spend the morning in Notting Hill discovering the gorgeous coloured shops and houses. There’s plenty of chic cafes to pull up a seat for a quick coffee or delicious brunch.
3. Before you leave Notting Hill, visit the Biscuiteers on Kensington Park Road. If you can, book one of their 2 hour icing classes where you’ll leave with lots of tips and techniques from their friendly and talented icers and, of course, yummy biscuits.
5. Spend the morning in Kensington. I highly recommend you go architecture and door hunting through the beautiful streets.
6. Shop the High Street – it’s great for fashion, beauty, food and homewares.
7. Jump back on the Big Bus at Kensington Palace and enjoy the ride into Oxford Circus. Hit the shops along Oxford Street and Regent Street.
8. While you’re in there, take a walk around Soho – the heart of London’s West End.
9. Visit the Big Ben at the Houses of Parliament.
11. Stroll through Green Park with an ice cream.
12. Walk all the way over to Old Park Ln and stop in at Hard Rock Cafe for an ice cold coke (and maybe some fries).
13. Spend the morning in South Bank. Located on the waters edge of the River Thames, this thriving area is the heart of London’s cultural scene and is a great spot for a meal with friends.
14. Take a ride on the London Eye. It is really high, but the views are absolutely amazing!