Here’s our round up of the top 16 things to do on Phillip Island. You all know by now that team Melbourne Girl loves a good road trip and last week, I had the pleasure of escaping to Victoria’s gorgeous Phillip Island.
The drive took us a little over an hour and a half to San Remo, the mainland village and gateway to Phillip Island. As soon as you arrive, the views of the ocean all around you will kick your ‘island holiday mode‘ into instant full swing!
Get set for awesome beach vibes. It’s the perfect location for a weekend camping trip or family mid-week escape, with a great assortment of cafes and restaurants and lots of fun things to do and see (or relax and do nothing… which is heavenly).
Best things to do on Phillip Island
1. Spend the afternoon at Cowes Beach.
2. Watch the sunset from Surf Beach.
3. Indulge in a gelati everyday from Isola di Capri.
4. Enjoy a beer and a vino at Rusty Water Brewery.
5. Take the family to Phillip Island Nature Parks.
6. Grab a coffee from The Waterboy Cafe.
7. Take a stroll around The Nobbies.
8. See Phillip Island from above on a scenic helicopter flight.
9. Catch the free pelican midday feeding at San Remo.
10. Brunch at BEANd, we love their scones and coffee combo.
11. Paddle in the Surf Beach rock pools during low tide.
12. Take a quiet walk along Cowes Jetty.
13. Watch the surfers at Cape Woolamai.
14. Explore the tree-top boardwalks at the Koala Conservation Centre.
15. Enjoy a beach picnic
16. Keep your eye out for a whale (or two) on the horizon.
If you’d like more information about where to stay, what to do and things to see on Phillip Island, be sure to check out the official tourism website here.
And please do shout out any of your insider Island tips in the comment below!
Shop our favourite Island styles: