Renting is a sustainable and environmentally friendly option for Spring Carnival fashion, because let’s face it (if you’re anything like the Melbourne Girl team) you will rarely wear the same outfit twice?
Did you know that Australians throw $500 million worth of fashion and textiles into the rubbish each year? Every time you rent, you’re saving all the water, electricity and emissions used to manufacture a new piece of clothing. Rental companies like Glamcorner, invest in high-quality designer pieces which last many seasons, they are the leading online destination for women in Australia to rent designer dresses.
Their mission is to create a modern, simple and personal fashion experience for women, who are passionate about experiencing the quality of designer fashion whilst also reducing their impact on both the environment and their wallets.
Glamcorner support designer labels and empower all their customers to reduce their individual contribution to landfill by borrowing clothing for once-off occasions as a sustainable alternative to purchasing and disposing afterwards.
The online boutique appreciate good design and the creative process involved in creating beautiful dresses. They are genuine fans of the designers they stock and are continually committed to expanding their catalogue with new designers – both local and international, additional sizes and styles, and a wider accessories collection.
In short, Glamcorner are my go-to hire destination. Which is why we’ve spent the past week scanning through their web pages, to round up our favourite picks for the Racing Season ahead!
Our top 15 sustainable fashion picks for Spring Carnival
1. C/meo Collective Fixation Top And Skirt Set – rent it now for $69
2. Pasduchas Vineyard Bustier Midi Dress – rent it now for $69
3. Thurley Daisy Chain Mini Dress – rent it now for $129
4. Pasduchas Songbird Ruffle Midi Dress – rent it now for $79
5. Elliat Harper Blazer And Pant Set – rent it now for $79
6. Thurley Leo Embroidered Dress – rent it now for $149
7. Alcoolique Milva Short Sleeve Midi Dress – rent it now for $229
8. Stylestalker Solana Midi Dress – rent it now for $59
9. Whiting and Davis Crystal Chevron Clutch – rent it now for $49
10. Oroton Freize Clutch – rent it now for $49
11. Kotur Margo Clutch – rent it now for $39
12. Heather McDowall Scarlett Fascinator – rent it now for $59
13. Morgan and Taylor Sophia Fascinator – rent it now for$39
14. Studio Aniss Hera Crown – rent it now for $59
15. Morgan and Taylor Adele Fascinator – rent it now for $39
Melbourne Spring Carnival
Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival kicks off next month on Saturday 1st September with Memsie Stakes Day at Caulfield Racecourse. The Carnival is Australia’s biggest and most glamorous annual event, showcasing superb racing alongside spectacular fashion and social celebrations.
2019 – Key Spring Racing dates
• Sofitel Girls’ Day Out – Saturday 14th September – Flemington Racecourse
• Caulfield Cup Day – Saturday 19th October – Caulfield Racecourse
• Derby Day – Saturday 2nd November – Flemington Racecourse
• Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 5th November – Flemington Racecourse
• Oaks Day – Thursday 7th November – Flemington Racecourse
• Stakes Day – Saturday 9th November – Flemington Racecourse
This post contains some affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase by clicking on them, I will receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, that will help us continue to bring you valuable content. Thanks so much for helping Melbourne Girl grow!