Nothing beats leaving the city lights behind for a weekend away and if you’re looking for something a little different, why not consider a glamping escape at Cosy Tents?!
Nestled in the hills of the Hepburn Shire, Cosy Tents is a fully furnished luxury camping retreat where hotel-style accommodation meets the elemental outdoor.
Put simply, it’s the closest thing to heaven on earth.
As a seasoned camper, I must admit initially I wondered what all the fuss would be about but quickly found myself at home in our private bell tent with 1200 thread count bed linen, crockery not dissimilar to Country Road’s AW16 collection and a queen sized bed that can only be described as “cloud like”.
The ‘campsite’ (and I use that term very lightly) is well equipped and boasts an impressive BBQ area/outdoor kitchen, so you can make the most of all the local produce on offer and cook up a feast.
If you don’t feel like cooking, you’re only a stones throw away from the Daylesford town centre where you’ll find pub grub, Italian delights and a myriad of restaurants and eateries.
After dinner, you have two tantalizing options. Nest in your tent with the iPod doc, board games and a couple of mags or head to the open fire pit for a bit of chitchat and star gazing.
The scenery is truly breathtaking and I hate to say it but after a few vino’s you’re bound to have a ‘how’s the serenity’ moment.
Enjoy the best night’s sleep of your life (Not. Even. Kidding.) in a proper queen sized bed and don’t even think about getting up before 10am… this bad boy has late check out.
Indulge in a breakfast basket delivered straight to your door and sit out looking over the farmland whilst noshing on delicious pastries, fresh fruit and muesli.
When the time comes to finally head home…boo hiss…be sure to stop into town and soak up the gorgeous shops and eateries Daylesford has to offer.
Everything you need to know about Cosy Tents:
- There are two sites – Blackwood and Daylesford.
- The Daylesford site has six individual bell tents that each sleeps 2 people. We know what you’re thinking. I could book out the whole site with my closest friends. Yes, this is a great idea!
- Tents come with everything you need – bed linen, bath towels, all cooking utensils, an esky,,.an iPod Bluetooth speaker and power.
- Whilst the bathrooms are shared, they are modern and well equipped. We’re talking AESOP bath products people.
- You can book your night away at www.cosytents.com.au