Hawk and Hunter Cafe launch their spring menu

Hawk and Hunter is a very stylish cafe in Melbourne’s South-Eastern suburb of Ripponlea. Last week, they teamed up with Zomato and Ayomo cold pressed juices, to launch their spring menu and I must say, it was an absolute delight! Or as Ned Flanders would say, their new spring menu was ‘scrumdiddlyumptious,’ to say the least.

This quirky venue prides itself on providing the community with a place where people can meet, talk, eat and drink, in a comfortable and nurturing atmosphere. Along with serving quality food, in their award-winning designed venue.


Hawk and Hunter Cafe



The first two rounds of dishes served were Summer Vegetables and the Freekah Bowl. Both are fresh, cold dishes, perfect for a warm spring day (that’s if we ever get to see spring this year). You are not a true Melbournian if you don’t whinge about the weather, right?!

After necking back some more beetroot flavoured Ayomo, like I was about to have a big night out on the juice, I prepared my palate for some Pumpkin Jam Grilled Turkish Bread served with Portobello mushroom, accompanied with another dish of Tiger prawns and brioche roll.

If I were to choose favourites, then the next dish would possibly be my second favourite dish of the evening; the 48hr Lamb. This lamb shoulder was the type that just melted in your mouth (insert drool emoji here).


Hunter Ice Tea



Now for those who read my articles or perhaps you are one of the 2047 people on Instagram who follow me (apologies to all my fans for being so inconsistent with my posts), then you will have seen or heard that I am a naughty Personal Trainer that has the self control of a 2 year old, when it comes to eating something sweet.

In fact, if I were to put it down to percentages, then I would say 90% of the time I eat ‘well’ (‘well’ being not eating something sweet)… OK maybe 85%…

Yep a definite 80% of the time I eat ‘healthy’ food, leaving me 20% of my time to eat meals such as the ‘closing act’ at Hawk and Hunter

Brioche French Toast.


(insert emjoi with tongue out here).

This baby makes my mouth water even thinking about it. Banana, passion fruit, strawberries and butterscotch.


Food Blogger


I say no more, except this…

Try it for yourself.

If you’d like to check out more yummy meals from the Hawk and Hunter menu, click here.
















Pia is a lover of burpees, chocolate and calling it a night before 10pm. She is also the Founder and Real Body Coach at Melbourne Fitness & Wellbeing. MFW is home to all-female bootcamps; where girls just want to have fun...and feel the burn, all at the same time! It is also home to the Melbourne Foodie guide; which recommends where to go and what to eat, without bursting your jean button. Pia spends a lot of her time touring the Melbourne health and fitness scene; from Barre to Sweatin' it with Kayla, Puma Runway shows to Tap dance, she believes that there is a love for fitness out there for everyone; you’ve just got to find it! Pia hopes that through her writing and own personal experiences, she can help people find their love of fitness, in this beautfiul city she calls home.

1 Comment

Leave a Reply